This time of year, I can’t help but dream about living in a little holiday cottage, either by the sea or in the countryside. I yearn to spend every minute of my summer outdoors, enjoying greenery, flowers, butterflies, breezes…and coming inside only to prepare a simple meal or go to sleep (The Simple Poppy beautifully articulated similar sentiments in a recent post).
Of course, this is completely at odds with the urban environment in which I’m currently living, so I’ve had to be content with Google searches and digital photos (and perhaps a short stay in one later this summer).
I’m traveling this week to attend a wedding, so instead of a long, wordy post, I’m simply going to share some of the cottages I’ve been swooning over (click on the link below each set of photos for more pictures and details):
I’ll leave you to ponder this:
* If you lived in one of these tiny houses, what exactly would you need?
* How would you pare down your current possessions to fit?
* Would you be content with the barest of furnishings, a handful of clothes, and some basic cooking implements?
* Would you miss the rest of your stuff, or be relieved to be without it?
* How would it feel to live every day like you’re on vacation?
I hope these little beauties fill your soul with a sense of peace, simplicity, and serenity—and perhaps inspire you to pare down, unplug, and do a clean sweep of the clutter in your life.